It’s time to pause. Time to allow gratitude to swell up within. The hustle and bustle of the year and all the commotion of ‘normal’ life gets to be paused on this Thanksgiving Day.
I’m working on practicing the discipline of thankfulness. So, here’s 18 things I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving season: (not necessarily ranked in order – just making a list)
- I’m thankful for the grace of Jesus! Not only for my permanent forgiveness and eternal security, but it’s the fuel for my everyday empowerment of following him.
- I’m thankful for my family and all the joy that they are used to stir and create within me. They bring meaning and significance on ever increasing levels. It is such a joy to celebrate and cheer for them in life! Amy, Taylor, Rylee and Calista are gifts I get to enjoy constantly. I am blessed.
- I’m thankful for friends and extended family that are a ‘web’ of support and continual source of encouragement.
- I’m thankful for the opportunities to minister God’s grace and truth within the people that call Elements City Church home and those yet to be included. I’m grateful for the life-change we’ve seen so far. May it multiply exponentially!
- I’m thankful for the journey of planting a church and the ways it has stretched and grown my faith.
- I’m thankful for God’s provision in so many ways for our family individually and for Elements over this past year. We now stand on the edge of our next chapter – seeking to move the movement of Jesus forward #ONElife at a time!
- I’m thankful for new friends. Those here in my city, those far away and those via online connections.
- I’m thankful for the opportunity to serve others in organizations and groups that are special to me. (such as: Fellowship of Christian Athletes and many others.)
- I’m thankful for the ways our Elements folks have gotten to serve and bless people this year – as individuals and as a community of Christ followers. We’re blessed to be a blessing.
- I’m thankful for the invitation of God to follow him into “next steps” of knowing Christ and leveraging that to help make him known better and in a greater scope. (Eph. 1:17)
- I’m thankful for the teachers my kids have pouring into their lives and character. I’m thankful for their coaches, small group leaders and other adults that are partnering with us to invest in the “who” they’re becoming.
- I’m thankful that the Steelers haven’t been eliminated from the playoff yet:)
- I’m thankful to be a complete Apple nerd now. No more PC for me.
- I’m thankful for the countless ways God has shown his attention to me throughout this year: from simple to significant. Thank you Lord. May my attention continue to increase focus upon you…
- I’m thankful for an Arizona victory to come over Arizona State – this Saturday! (speaking it into existence)
- I’m thankful for Starbucks and the kick-start it provides at times.
- I’m thankful for the sporting events myself and our family get to enjoy throughout the year.
- I’m thankful to live in our country. A country where I can create a list of 18 items and not 15 or 20. Random is better.
So – how about you? What would make your list this year?
May you and your family have moments to pause – to truly lean into “thankfulness” this season.
Happy Thanksgiving friends.